Monday, November 14, 2011

Just How Amazing IS the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!!!

  Well, by now everyone should know, I love to paint. I don't know how or when it started, but I love to just sit out by my garage and paint. It can be a very large hutch or a small  picture frame. I find it very relaxing, the paint isn't yelling at you saying you are going against the grain or that you are making a mess... paint does not care.
Recently, ok, a year and a half ago, I discovered the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and waxes. I saw how it would change the way I paint and how I perceived the end result of painting a project.
I know, I know, this is a lot of talk about PAINT and painting....but, you don't understand!!!It is like Therapy!!!!
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint change the way I painted because there is no pre-sanding or primer for prepping the piece. I do a little cleaning and that is it! Sanding and primeing used to take a day just to dry and cure.
So basically, I could visualize starting right away and finishing in a day.
There are so many options and choices for a piece ( you are painting) that the end result takes on new meaning... you can change your mind at any time during the painting process. It dries very fast. You can  distress, layer colors, add trim color, add a "wash" or repaint!!!!
Every piece I paint now, starts out with excitement, because I know I can change my mind at any time without repercussions.There is no pre plan and I know it will be a one of a kind piece of "art" when I am done.
ANNIE SLOAN CHALK PAINT~ The Original~ "Often Imitated" NEVER duplicated!




I do not know what YOU think..... but it is PRETTY AMAZING to me...!!!!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Merci, Merci for bringing this AMAZING product to San Diego! You have intoduced us to a whole new 'how to' world of transforming furniture & accessories into a beautiful new look!
Long may you paint & show us how!
XOXO

Janne Arthur said...

Amazing work!

Barrett said...

I would love to know what colors you used on this piece. It is beautiful!